Sunday, November 30, 2008

more multiples (the edge of november)


Cloud Sunflower

It's a cold, gloomy,
gray, drizzly day
on the edge
of November
and even worse
it's Sunday
So I have to go
to work
tomorrow.


Metal Sunflower

Summer's heat and
soft, buttery,
yellow light
are gone
and the sky is hard,
the color of
lead.


Ink Sunflower

Last summer is far
away and long ago,
a faint
remembrance
like the taste of salt
on my tongue
or glittering on
my skin.


Glowing Sunflower

But I can wait
and remember
and think
of yellow things
like
sunflowers.

1 comment:

  1. These are really beautiful - especially accompanied by your poetic words. You've captured the passing remnant of summer, as if through the eyes of each season. pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.