Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My New Crazy Book Thingie: Part 1

I have embarked upon a new adventure, sparked by the great fun I had creating this altered book/assemblage/collage.  I'm not really sure what category these belong in, though.  They are altered books, but might they be too altered to be considered altered books?  I mean, I did alter them- if that's what you call ripping them apart, gluing stuff onto them (both 3D and 2D), drawing on them, cutting holes in them, and putting them together completely differently.  I suppose they're not really books any more at this point, so perhaps 'assemblage' would be more accurate.  Maybe I should call them 'deconstructed reconstituted former books.'  Or just 'mixed media' art.  That's pretty vague though...

Well, whatever it is, here it is!



Ingredients: vintage book parts, vintage child's writing paper, vintage sewing pattern fragment, image transfers, mica, embroidery floss, drawing pen.


So, what would you call it?  Stay tuned, part 2 coming up soon...

5 comments:

  1. ha! i would call it 'fantastic'!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Very nice! Whatever you call it, it works and is something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me laughing over it´s discombobbbulated naming challenge.....true what lynne and teri said...I second it and holy cow...it is marvelous in any language........oh now I am really laughing as my verification word...was....are you sitting down.....REDINGSYDO....omg.....Ding is a thing in German...and well re-do...omg. If you don´t use it I WILL.....lol........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares what it's called.... great piece of 'art'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! And Cynnie, I'm calling the next one Redingsydo- just for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.