Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunflowers and Asters, and Dogs (oh, my!)

When I go out on a photo expedition, I'm lucky to have my three wonderful assistants with me at all times- whether I want them or not. They're always happy to protect me from the trees, shake water on me (and the camera) after swimming in the creek, and stomp on the flower I'm trying to photograph. In spite of all that, for some reason I still love them. So here are some more photos I took with their help, as well as the little assistants themselves.

Tickseed Sunflowers ((Bidens aristosta) with Great Blue Lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica)


Heart-leaved Aster, Blue wood Aster (Aster cordifolius)

My genius photographic assistants

The Amazing Sunny- holds the world's record for most time spent barking for absolutely no reason

Scout, the Herder- freaks out if her sheep (that's us) get too far apart

Arlo, the spoiled brat, champion mud-wallower and flower-stomper-in-chief

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharmon!

    Love the pictures of the flowers and your assistants, of course!

    My three are all bassets and the oldest boy loves to lay on top of the flowers....which is why the majority of my flower gardens are behind a 2 1/2' wrought iron fence...bassets can't jump very high. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the dogs are always biting each other in pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen, I totally understand the fence idea; I had to move the underground fence so my couldn't get near the flowers, or I'd have no flowers at all!

    Lindsey, it might look cute in pictures, but in real life it can be sooooo annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovin' the sweet fall flowers and of course the darlin' dogs...quite the pack you've got there...they look like great assistants.

    Our garden is not fenced and the Airedale Ruby loves to stare and whine until her favorites get ripe then she strolls along and picks peppers and tomatoes to bring into the house to munch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, that's so funny- does she really eat tomatoes and peppers? And I thought Scout would eat anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.