Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year (Insight)


I would like to wish all of us a happy new year. I told my son today that nothing had changed after the ball dropped on Times Square, except that now we have to change the number we write on our checks by one digit. Does the world look any different? Do we feel different than we felt one minute earlier? Has my living room suddenly become smaller or larger, my bathroom cleaner? Of course not. To all appearances, nothing is different at all. But while things don't look different, perhaps the way we look at them does, or can, change. Symbolically, the new year is a new beginning in some way; a chance to start over, to be better, to right what's wrong. If we look at things differently, it's possible to do things differently.

So I wish for all of us a new beginning, a fresh view on old problems, a new insight. May we all try to be better, to think better, and to treat each other better. Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sharmon. What a wonderful insight.

    May you have a wonderful 2009 too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.