Saturday, March 1, 2008

Transformation 27


I have no idea what else to say about these. What do people want to know? Does anyone really read these? I'm sure no one wants to know about my dull life; I have no stories to tell, unless I make some up. So instead, I'll quote Carl Sagan: "Not all of our ancestors made the same sharp distinction we do between Earth and sky. The grandparents of the Olympian gods were...Uranus, god of the sky, and Gaia, goddess of the Earth. ancient Mesopotamians had the same idea. The chief gods of the Konyak Nagas of India today are called Gawang, "Earth-Sky", and Zangban, "Sky-Earth". That's where we live. That's where we come from. The sky and the Earth are one."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.