I have to admit it- I'm not really a big fan of winter. Where I live, winter is made of gray skies, ugly brown hills, and mud (if it's not below freezing). Snow is pretty, and sometimes gets me a day off from work (yay!), but we don't get much of that. I don't do well without adequate light, and cold weather just makes me want to curl up and hibernate.
So, I'm trying to learn to go with the flow, because, obviously, I can't fight it. I probably won't exactly fall in LOVE with it, but my goal is to at least accept winter with a modicum of grace. Or, if that proves impossible, to stop whining about it quite so much. To that end, I decided to make a list of the good things about winter.
2. Snow is pretty amazing; it makes the world look fresh and clean, like a brand new sheet of paper.
3. It gives the trees and other plants a chance to rest.
5. It makes Spring seem so magical when it finally arrives.
7. With not as much to do outside, I have more time, when I'm home, to make art.
8. It gives me this great opportunity to become more open and to grow as a person. Hahaha! Well, I'm making an effort, anyway. I'm sure I'll think of more good things about winter, and when I do, I'll let you know!
I the meantime, don't forget to stop by The Altered Page for more of Seth's