Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Make Art, Not War


I recently saw this poster by Shepherd Fairey, (the artist who designed the famous Obama poster), and it reminded me. It reminded me of a time when people had high ideals, and great dreams for the human race and the planet. I just joined facebook, and I had to think carefully about what to write in the "politics" section of my profile. Finally, I wrote, "We can change the world." This is what we believed when I was a kid in the sixties and seventies. We believed that people could learn to treat others with respect, to live in peace and tolerance, to be rid of war once and for all. We believed that people could put aside their complacency, greed and self-centered ways, and do what was right. I guess it's pretty naive, but still, I can hope...

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.