Monday, February 18, 2008

Transformation 25


I really don't like to tell people what my work "means" because I think it means something different to each person. Of course, butterflies have long been symbols of change, since their form itself metamorphoses so drastically. To early humans this must have seemed quite magical, as it still does to me. We all grow and change, both physically and mentally, though much more gradually. Entering a new phase of my life, I'm crossing from familiar terrain into unmapped territory, which is all the more beautiful because of its mystery... Hey, I think I just told you what it means. But don't take my word for it, make up your own story.
As Bob Dylan said, "He who's not busy bein' born is busy dyin'."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.