Monday, May 18, 2015

You Can Fix It II



You Can Fix It II
mixed media, 8 x 6.5 inches


I'm not really sure about the meaning of this one - it was just kind of one those that came to me suddenly and without much thinking. Is it a guardian angel standing ready to give me aid, or does it represent me, half-stitched together and trying to make something of myself? Perhaps attempting to contact that higher plane? I can't really say, but I do find it somewhat intriguing.





W. E. B. Du Bois: The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.



When we are writing, or painting, or composing, we are, during the time of creativity, freed from normal restrictions, and are opened to a wider world, where colors are brighter, sounds clearer, and people more wondrously complex than we normally realize.
~ Madeleine L'Engle                                                                            









12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks, Mo....As I said, it wasn't really planned out; maybe I should do it that way more often!

      Delete
  2. Very interesting indeed. I love how you approach your art with your heart, and simply...create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary - a very lovely characterization of my process. Really, I wish I could do that more often.

      Delete
  3. I also love this piece and reading about how it happened. And your quotes... I am ready to go into that world where colors are brighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxanne, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I agree about the world where colors are brighter - maybe we will see each other there! xox

      Delete
  4. Just crazy about that wing with stitches and scribbles.. Just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharmon. I love this piece - especially the stitching which is so unexpected. Must have been a bear to do on a book cover.

    You left a note that you'd posted your blues for Roy G Biv and I was going to link to you this morning, but...well...I can't seem to find the post. Is it playing hide and seek? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors, the angel (that wing is super, so is the face), oh well i love every bit of it, everything, it really works for me.
    Maybe when you see your work in a month or so the meaning gets much clearer, and it makes all sence to you , the subconscious mind may have taken over here.
    You can fix it, great as a title, i hope you will feel better soon, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.