Monday, May 10, 2010

To Our Mothers' Mothers' Mothers'

I know Mother's Day was yesterday, so technically, I'm late, as usual- slower than molasses in January, as my Mammaw would say.  But I don't suppose it much matters, since technically, all of these women have passed on, except Mammaw, who I visited yesterday.

I want to send a message of gratitude back through time, to my Mother,
Bonnie Lou Creech Davidson (I love you, Mom; I miss you.);

to her mother,
Nellie Pearl Wilder Creech, now age 94;

to my paternal grandmother,
Olive Rebecca Hunt Davidson;

to my great-grandmother,
Juliet Bracelin Davidson;

to my great-grandmother,
Aldora Thompson Hunt;

and to all the others who came before.  For everything you did to nurture the lives that were in your care, for all the love given, and for being the vessels of my incarnation,

I am grateful.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Sharmon! I so enjoyed looking at the pics of the women that have been in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never to late to honor all these women in your life! Beautiful women and a loving tribute...all leading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A grand tribute and a stunning collection of photographs....perfect for any day of the year.
    All your ancestors are proud...I can feel that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely post, Sharmon..! you have beautiful 'mums', this is a Lovely message to send through time.. so moving it brings all your 'mothers' to the present. sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely post Sharman. What wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post - we're glad you're here and glad you shared. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post, great tribute! love the ancestor photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful photos sharmon, thanks for sharing your heritage with us this way...Hello dear one, please stop by my blog...I have something for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you'd better believe that, late or not, the mothers are smiling down on you. what great photos - thanks for sharing!

    btw, back to NC and the poet, he ended up not being all that mysterious, just one of those odd times when you run into a complete stranger and carry on a conversation like you've been friends for years, without introduction. I didn't want to say in the post that we ran into him a few days later at the iHop!! as always, thanks for your wonderful comments and insight! x o

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks, everyone. I do feel that it was important to honor them, even if they have passed. I'm very proud of them, and I hope to live up to their examples.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.