Friday, October 23, 2009

Golden

The trees have been especially colorful this year, putting on a spectacular farewell show. Yesterday, it rained- hard. What this means, for those of you who live in other climates, is that many of the beautiful leaves will be knocked to the ground; end of show. And this is what happened, sort of.

It rained and rained and rained, the skies gray, the colors blah. Suddenly, there was a break between storms. I grabbed my camera and ran outside, and here's the sight that greeted me. (These photos were not enhanced- these are the true colors that dazzled my eyes.)





Everything sparkled and shimmered.



The grass was covered with a yellow carpet. The trees glowed as if imbued with their own inner light.





The sunlight had turned the whole world...



golden.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.