Saturday, November 29, 2008
Apparently, I've been tagged. I didn't know what this was until Amy Guidry, who I know from the Art Scuttlebutt site, tagged me today. Amy is an artist whose beautiful surrealist paintings I very much admire; you should check her out at http://www.artistcommentary.com/. Anyway, it seems like a good idea to me. Here's how it works:
1. Put a link in your blog post about the artist who tagged you.
2. Write 5 - 7 unusual things about yourself. (This part could be scary.)
3. Tag 5 - 7 other bloggers and let them know.
Okay, unusual things about me. Well, that shouldn't be too hard.
1. I was a professional bellydancer for about 7 years. (see publicity photo above)
2. I once participated in a Voudou ritual with priestess Louisa Teish, in which I had to spit rum and gunpowder all over an altar. (don't ask)
3. I build log houses. (using the original pioneer logs, not kits)
4. I have 3 college degrees and graduated summa cum laude all 3 times.
5. I am a direct descendant of Pocahontas on at least 3 different lines of my family.
Are those unusual enough, do you think?
Here are the artists I'm tagging:
Oh rats, that's only 4. Well, either I can't count or I'm a big fat rule- breaker...
Okay, now I feel like a cheater so here's one more. Also, I forgot I meant to include Carol because she's very cool:
You never know, I may add more, because I'm a big fat mind-changer, too.