Thursday, July 13, 2017

Porkbelly Press 07.11.17





Porkbelly Press has just published a new chapbook, MEXICAMERICANA, (poetry) by Eloisa Amezcua, and I'm super excited to say my work is on the cover! The incomparable and very industrious Nicci Mechler runs Porkbelly Press, a small independent chapbook press in Cincinnati, Ohio. Besides her jobs as editor, designer, and artist for the chapbook, she does about a thousand other things, all while continously producing a steady stream of gorgeous etchings and other artworks. Her blog bio starts off like this:

"Nicci is a graduate of Northern Kentucky University (BFA Studio Art, Masters in English). Between research, novel revisions, poetic alchemy, reading, retreats, and caring for roomies, rescue dogs, and rescue kitties, she makes art, edits the literary magazine Sugared Water, and runs Porkbelly Press (a micro press in Cincinnati, OH). She is also the editor and maker of several zines, including the body image zine LMLMB.

I was very honored when she asked if she could use my work on the cover, and it really does look wonderful. I have no idea how she manages to get all this stuff done. Here, you can read an excerpt from Eloisa Amezcua's beautiful poetry; you can buy a copy of this handbound chapbook, MEXICAMERICANA, here.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. The cover looks wonderful. It is always a good recognition if you are asked for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eric! I'm always pleased when asked to use my work in a publication, especially the very high quality like this!

      Delete
  2. si l'intérieur du livre est aussi beau que la couverture... c'est un bon livre :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elfi! The inside is poetry by Eloisa Amezcua. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, since I haven't gotten my copy of the chapbook. What I have read of her poetry is very nice, though!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.