Thursday, October 15, 2015

Searching for Roy G Biv: Gray

In our search for Roy G Biv, we have now come the color gray. Our hostesses, Jennifer Coyne Qudeen and Julie B Booth, had to add on some colors that aren't in the rainbow, in order to round out the year.

A statue at Spring Grove cemetery in Cincinnati displays soft, mottled grays...



Huge gray rocks at Eagle Falls in the Great Smokey Mountains...



A little footbridge at Springrove...



A towering gray rock wall beside the Cumberland River in Kentucky...



An old, abandoned building (corn crib?) on what remains of a farm in rural Kentucky...



A widow on a lovely memorial chapel at Springrove...



A view of the side of that same chapel...



Shelf fungus on a log in Lewis County, Kentucky...



A fallen silvery gray leaf...



I hope you enjoyed my grays! To see what grays other participants have on display, please visit Julie B Booth or Jennifer Coyne Qudeen.




17 comments:

  1. stunning work below and beautiful grays above! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. des gris 'chaud' superbe série..
    j'ai de nouveau pas le temps pour chercher dans ma photothèque pour participer... bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful assortment of grays...the spirit of the cemetery, natural rock formations, abandoned planks and the startling shelf/shell beauties...great gray walk a round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful greys. Hey, have you ever tried stone cutting? I only ask because I love the stones and we're both so art adventurous. I tried in art in action a couple years ago and cut/hammered/bashed a leaf in a little rectangle. Supper fun but killed my hands, (and head from the pounding), and, that was with a soft rock, so I can't imagine what granite would be like. I guess if we took it up we'd have to form a new relationship with fork lifts and jack hammers...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronica. No, I've never tried stone cutting; I'm afraid it's probably too late at this point, though, because of the arthritis in my hands. I am pretty good, though, at laying up stone walls, etc.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful greys Sharmon. Love the little footbridge and the weathered boards of the corn crib. The shelf fungus is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maya; the shelf fungus is a favorite of mine, too.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful selection, all the way to that gorgeous silver leaf - ah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, Sharmon. I especially enjoyed that gentle face in the statue and the reflections under the pretty bridge in Cincinnati. A real treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. I love the face and expression on that statue, too.

      Delete
  8. My favorite is that wall of towering gray stone in Kentucky. Spectacular, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is that wall of towering gray stone in Kentucky. Spectacular, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I'm happy to reply here, but may not always have time for individual emails.